University of Phoenix FAW
- Students can apply for financial aid application online with the University of Phoenix
- Users will have to create a Login Name and Password before they can start an online application
- Users will also need their Identification Record Number or IRN assigned by the school
If the users does not have a IRN number, please contact your Campus Advisor or the University of Phoenix Financial Aid Web Technical Support Hotline at 1-866-226-7497. Tech support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week excluding major holidays.
University of Phoenix Financial Aid Web
- Online University who is a subsidiary of Apollo Group Inc.
- Founded in 1976 with only 8 students by John Sperling
- The school started in the Phoenix metropolitan area and then expanded to San Jose, California in 1989
- Did not start the online degree program until 1989
The University of Phoenix has over 100 campuses and learning centers with a peak enrollment of almost 600,000 students in 2010. Enrollment has dropped due to a variety of reason to include the snubbing of online degrees and the high cost of education that has not matched the job prospects for university students. To enroll in the University a student must have:
- Requiring a high-school diploma OR
- GED OR
- GED equivalent
The University of Phoenix offers associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree levels and is considered a for-profit institution of higher learning.
U of Phoenix Schools of learning
- School of Business
- Criminal Justice and Security
- Information Systems and Technology
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
It is recommended that students pick a traditional college campus rather than an online college as traditional colleges graduate students have better hiring rates and incomes.